Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Spotlight Performers: Freebie

Every month I select a class that has been working together to be the Spotlight Performers.  This group then records a video that goes on the morning announcements for the whole school to see.  I never really know what I will be videoing from month to month, think of it as more of an informance than a polished piece.  This gives the kids a chance to see what other kids are learning and the adults a snapshot into the music room.  I also include a photo of the Maestro of the Month in the video.

I created my video using iMovie and I use the same template from month to month, year to year.  The only thing I have to change out is the month and name of class/maestro.


You can request this template in the freebies section of my blog.  Remember, this will only work on Macs.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea and the idea for using it with your star/reward system. Thank you for spending time on your blog and for taking the time to share your classroom with the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the idea! My kids LOVE this and are always asking who will be the next Spotlight Performer. I'm happy to share anything that could help a fellow music educator. Happy School Year to you! :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on this post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...