Monday, October 1, 2012

Orff: Bar Bags

I'm looking for your feedback....this is the first year I will be taking students from my current school out into the community to perform.  We will be giving a Winter Concert at the Barnes and Noble Book Fair and I'm taking my chorus and orff groups.

Now, I have thought ahead and limited our instrumentation to those that will be the most convenient to move but I'm still a bit concerned about transporting some of my barred instruments.  I don't have far to go but I am considering purchasing some bar bags.  
What are your thoughts?  Do you use bar bags?  Is there another way to transport my instruments that won't cost me anything?  

I would love any advice you can give!

4 comments:

  1. I have the bar bags, but I don't use them. I tuck the extra bars inside each compartment they sit above and when I move them I just remove the bars and stand them up inside the compartments and then put them back on. It may not be the best way, but it works. You could also fold them all up inside long construction paper sheets if you don't want them banging on each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had wondered about doing that. While I think the bar bags are a nice idea, I would hate to spend my money on them when there is another way. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  2. I agree with LSUSarafina; I don't use the ones I have often. I have purchased ones and I made some out of felt; cut to the dimensions I wanted, then stitched them up so the bars work like bar bags. I have a couple of bar bags that are nicer (and will last longer), but the felt ones were much more economical and protected the bars equally well. When I travel with instruments, I typically put extra bars that won't fit inside an instrument in a plastic shoe box with felt in between the layers. Then when we get there, it makes it easier to find those few extras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the plastic shoebox idea. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on this post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...