Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hand Made Decor

I know I've mentioned this before but I work with an amazing art teacher!  She has inspired me to make my own classroom decor and I hope you will try making your own too.  I can hear the hecklers now.  Really, trust me, I'm not an amazing artist but it  is easy and therapeutic to spend time creating something.

These are the newest additions...I still have to have them laminated and they need to go up in my room but here they are.  (Check back to see where they end up.)


Most of these were hand drawn with a bit of help from my husband (hands always get me).  The only one that I didn't draw by hand was the chair.  For those of you who aren't particularly artistic, here is a great tip.  Use your classroom projector.  I have a ceiling mounted projector that is connected to my computer.  All I had to do was find a picture of a chair I liked and project it on my board.  I traced the outline of the chair and then colored it in later.

Black outline is your friend.  Any little blunders around the edges of the picture can be fixed with a little sharpie, plus it makes all of the colors pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...