Saturday, July 20, 2013

iPad App: ABC Music

A couple of months ago, my husband came across the app ABC Music by Peapod Labs.  He thought it would be great for my classroom, and I think he's right.


I hadn't had a chance to really look at the app until he was playing with our 7 month old niece a couple of weeks ago.  She was delighted by all of the instrument sounds and video.

The App is basically an alphabetical list of instruments.  When you click an instrument, it opens up a screen with a picture of the instrument and it's name.  Along with each instrument are videos of the instruments being played.  The app can be played in either English or Spanish; this is great for bilingual programs.  It's available in the App Store for $2.99.

I plan to use this app with my Kindergartners this year.   We will do a letter each rotation, hitting my benchmarks and supporting their classroom benchmarks as well.  This will be a great way to end each lesson.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I got a mini iPad at the end of school and am just starting to get a good collection of apps. This app also looks like it would be good for my selfcontained class of handicapped and special kiddos who have very mixed abilities but are always working on letters and also love instruments. I really enjoy reading your blog and discovering your great ideas. I've been teaching for 35 years and I find blogs and the sharing ability of the internet such a gift! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing how you are going to use the app with your kiddos! My husband has the mini and he loves how portable it is. I may have to sell mine and get a mini at some point because it just seems easier to tote around.

      I'm so glad you enjoy my blog. I try to share things that I know would have helped me out, especially during those first few years.

      Blogs are an amazing way to improve yourself. I have learned so much in the last year reading other music teacher blogs. I feel like they are an amazing way to fill in the gaps between workshops. While I LOVE the workshops I attend between my county, state and orff, there always seem to be those few things that never get discussed. You know, like how do you communicate with parents. It's great to get to peek in other music rooms via blogs and see what other great teachers are doing!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on this post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...