Friday, February 1, 2013

Brand Spankin' New

Our brand new Log Drum came in today and I'm so excited!  It is a beautiful instrument that we will debut in our spring concert.  I tried to record the beautiful color this afternoon to share with you but my recording devices left a lot to be desired.  I'll try again next week.


This was a bit of a splurge but costuming for this years performance is not quite the budget buster it has been in past years.  I ordered mine through West Music. Here is the link:  Log Drum on West.

2 comments:

  1. I have one of these in my classroom but don't know what to do with it. What are you going to do with it more specifically?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have come across a few african pieces that have a log drum part. Usually its an ostinato. Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank on which pieces those are right now, If they come to mind this weekend I'll list some of them, if not next week when I'm back at school. It's a beautiful tone, I'm going to have to experiment with how I can use it beyond that. I really haven't had the chance to because the log drum I had (if you can really call it that) was donated for Arts Integration but it was not a very pleasing sound, very plastic in color.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on this post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...