Behavior Cards (Freebie)
Observation Sheets (Freebie)
- Handout observation sheets, clipboards and pencils.
- Divide class into 3 groups (Audience, Chorus, Observers) and send to select spots in the room. Chorus to performance area, audience to.....
- Each group has a role to perform.
- Observers - sit and watch the audience and note positive and negative behaviors they see during the performance.
- Chorus - this group performs the Star Spangled Banner or the sing-a-long piece for the Young People's Concert. I like to use the Star Spangled Banner because it offers another aspect of audience behavior to look at, plus it's practice for our trip.
- Audience - the audience members are given behavior cards to perform during the performance.
- After assigning each part, have the chorus and audience perform their roles. After the performance observers should quickly jot down what they see. Repeat so that students get to experience each role.
- After completing the activity, have students write down how it felt to be a performer when the audience wasn't using their best behavior.
- Discuss what is/is not proper audience behavior.
These two documents have been added to the Freebies section. Speaking of Freebies, I've decided that Freebie Friday will be bi-weekly, so this Friday is the second Freebie Friday Linky Party. Here's what you need to do to link up:
1. Create a post about at least one Freebie you have created and are sharing or a Freebie you have found on the web. Make sure to include information about where the resource can be downloaded.
2. Include the Freebie Friday Linky Party image in your post.
3. Stop back on Friday to Link up!